Chair of Trustees
Our current Chairman, Loyd Grossman CBE FSA, completes his third term on 1 July 2016, and the search for a new Chair has already begun.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has enthusiasm for and interest in the cultural and religious heritage sector and an entrepreneurial streak.
- Will help drive forward the Board’s and the Trust’s work on philanthropy.
- Is used to operating in a national and international context and has an extensive network of high-level contacts which will enable him/her to actively support and promote CCT’s work.
- Ideally, has significant board experience at senior level.
- Will provide public leadership for the cause and for CCT as the largest UK charity in its sector and a strong and growing reputation for the best conservation, management and extended use of historic churches; and
- Will lead the Board in all its work including strengthening governance, thinking strategically and supporting and managing the chief executive.
The appointment is made by the Queen on the advice of the Archbishops of Canterbury and York through the Prime Minister. It is initially for a three-year term and involves commitment to quarterly Board meetings, an annual tour and strategy day, regular contact with the chief executive and reasonable availability to attend external meetings, events and to visit projects across England.
If you are interested, have the skills listed above and would like to know more, please contact WildSearch using the details below.
Applications should be by CV and a covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role and how you think your skills and experience meet the requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and 0207 233 2115 for enquiries.